A Passion for Healthy, Amazing Smiles
I’ve been creating healthy, confident, beautiful smiles for my patients here in Orlando since 1982. I consider it the highest compliment that I’m now caring for the children of some of my initial patients, developing amazing smiles for them!
As an orthodontist, I not only create smiles that increase a person’s self-esteem and allow them to feel more comfortable in their daily interactions, but I also improve their oral health. By gently shifting teeth into their proper place, I make it easier for a patient to properly brush and floss and remove debris that leads to dental issues. The treatment process also improves a person’s bite, allowing them to move their jaw normally and without stress.
I am honored to spend my days crafting smiles that improve my patients’ lives, one person at a time. — Dr. Robert Goldie
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor’s degree – Morehead State University
- Master’s degree – Morehead State University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Louisville
- Specialty certificate in orthodontics – University of Florida
Dr. Goldie is a life-long learner. He understands that ongoing developments in technology, treatments, and materials lead to even stronger results for his patients. By actively participating in continuing orthodontic education, he remains current on changes in the field.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists; Florida Delegate to the AAO, 1999 to present
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Florida Association of Orthodontists; president, 2003-2004
- American Dental Association
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Central Florida Cleft-Palate and Craniofacial Team
Dr. Goldie is married to his high-school sweetheart. They have three adult daughters — Steffen, Leslie, and Ann-Stuart — and two grandsons, Zack and Sam. They also share their home with two dogs, Scarlett and Harry, as well as their cat, Brokaw.
When not caring for his patients, Dr. Goldie makes spending time with his family a priority. He also enjoys staying active, whether he’s bike riding, golfing, fishing, or hunting. He also loves to travel.